• Junior editor for an Emmy and Grand Clio award winning documentary company. Currently working on a feature film about a Native American girls' lacrosse team, funded by Dick's Sporting Goods and produced by Tribeca Digital Studios. Responsibilities include transcoding, syncing, creating stringouts, assembly cuts, media management, and exporting/uploading content to the company's website.
• Assistant editor for Season 8 of the Peabody-award winning biennial PBS broadcast "Art in the Twenty-First Century."
• Lead assistant editor on Season 2 of Pivot's show "Human Resources," a reality TV show about a recycling company in Trenton, NJ. Responsibilities include editing cutdowns/stringouts, project organization, media management, onlining, exporting/uploading content to the company website, importing and transcoding raw footage, burning DVDs, and other miscellaneous post-production tasks as needed.
2010 - present
• Freelance editor for a variety of short 15-20 second episodic teasers aired on Vh1 during commercial breaks to promote shows including the reality-TV show “Love and Hip-Hop,” and Vh1’s classic film series, “Pop Goes the Movie.”
• Editor for a pilot episode and additional promotional videos for a new docu-reality series about the lives of transgender service members. It is currently being produced by Martian Entertainment and will be pitched to Netflix and other online distribution companies this year.
2010 - present
Park Slope Productions
• Assistant editor for a new reality television show on the Discovery Channel called Alaskan Bush People. Responsibilities included transcoding, syncing, and cutting down raw footage, as well as assembling string outs, cleaning up audio, and general media management.
• Freelance editor for a post-production house specializing in commercial web content – noteworthy clients include Apple, Nike, and Sears.
The Culture Project
• Editor for a series of short documentary pieces about the global financial crisis screened during an annual political panel discussion series entitled “Blueprint for Accountability.” The event took place at Georgetown University and was live-streamed via Fora.tv, Rolling Stone Magazine’s website, and The Huffington Post.
• Assistant editor for several documentary pieces directed by Academy-Award winning producer Fisher Stevens.
• Miscellaneous video content for the Culture Project’s website, including a sizzle reel of their theater productions and other performance videos.
Vassar College, Poughkeepsie NY, May 2008
BA in American Culture; Cum Laude with department honors; 3.6 GPA
• Concentrations in Film, English, and Music
• Senior Thesis Project: “Crazy Wisdom,” Documentary Film, 2008 (45 min)
Relevant Coursework: Documentary and Narrative Filmmaking, Cinema Verite, Sound Design, Music in Film
Multi-cam syncing, logging footage, media compressions and layoffs for different purposes, project management, DVD menu design, Motion, After Effects, Logic, Pro Tools, sound design, sound mixing, color correction, DSLR camera operation